8:00 AM - 3:00 PM PARCC: Real Teachers, Real Data Part II
9:00 AM - 2:30 PM PARCC Data III: Close Reading Strategies
9:00 AM - 2:30 PM PARCC Data III: ELA Think Tank
9:00 AM - 2:30 PM PARCC Data III: Designing Math Instruction for Grades 3-5
9:00 AM - 2:30 PM PARCC Data III: Math Practices- How Proficient Math Students Behave
9:00 AM - 2:30 PM PARCC Data III: Designing Math Instruction for Grades 6-8 Content
9:00 AM - 2:30 PM PARCC Data III: Feedback and Revision
9:00 AM - 2:30 PM PARCC Data III: Designing Math Content for High School
This February is ASCD’s inaugural Affiliate Appreciation Month. Throughout the month, various affiliates are being celebrated. Read on to read about our own NJ ASCD affiliate's achievements! Stay tuned to @ASCD on Twitter to keep up-to-date and visit the ASCD Affiliates web page to learn more.
This workshop for both administrators and teachers will focus on developing a whole-school action plan to infuse literacy into all content-area instructional practice. (February 9, 2016)
We will examine effective whole-group, small-group and independent learning structures, including minilessons, reading and writing workshops, conferencing, and scheduling. (February 18, 2016)
The specific content addressed will follow the natural progression of mathematical ideas for grades 3-5. (February 29, 2016)
The CCSS for Mathematical Practices characterize how proficient math students behave. We will examine how those behaviors require habits of mind and routines that are developed over time. (March 3, 2016)
The specific content addressed will follow the natural progression of mathematical ideas for grades 6-8. (March 7, 2016)
The 71st ASCD Annual Conference and Exhibit Show: Education's premier professional development event for classroom teachers, principals, and administrators.
* Each student enters school healthy and learns about and practices a healthy lifestyle.
* Each student learns in an environment that is physically and emotionally safe for students and adults.
* Each student is actively engaged in learning and is connected to the school and broader community.
* Each student has access to personalized learning and is supported by qualified, caring adults.
* Each student is challenged academically and prepared for success in college or further study and for employment and participation in a global environment.