In a time of new change for educators in New Jersey, we think about what changes will occur, how they will impact our responsibilities, and the work we will become engaged in to advance performance and achievement of students and staff. To address these changes, we created a program featuring leaders in the field at a Convocation to examine the impact of a collective purpose: the changing nature of the needs in the workforce, high quality standards on which to base teaching and learning, and the progression toward college and career readiness. The NJ Commissioner and assistant commissioners are invited to present a plan for New Jersey, a design for the future. We invite you to register for A Convocation for Leadership.
* Each student enters school healthy and learns about and practices a healthy lifestyle.
* Each student learns in an environment that is physically and emotionally safe for students and adults.
* Each student is actively engaged in learning and is connected to the school and broader community.
* Each student has access to personalized learning and is supported by qualified, caring adults.
* Each student is challenged academically and prepared for success in college or further study and for employment and participation in a global environment.